Rising Rift Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aion Chinese OBT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Oriax

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Aion Chinese OBT Empty
PostSubject: Aion Chinese OBT   Aion Chinese OBT I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Well, I have been playing the Chinese OBT to make sure Aion would run ok on my system, and damn does it ever. Seems I'll be sticking with XP 64-bit and my 3870s for a while longer. The graphics are great, but still with a cartoony flair (AoC wins in terms of realism imo). My sorc is still lvl 7, I want to reach lvl 10 asap to test out the wings. OBT apparently closes on April 16th, so try it while you still can. It's about a 6Gig download and you can play it in English by following a couple of simple steps.

Let me know if you need help setting it up.
Back to top Go down
ImadeJesusBleed

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Aion Chinese OBT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aion Chinese OBT   Aion Chinese OBT I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:50 pm

Is the gameplay everything we ever hoped for?
Back to top Go down
Oriax

Aion Chinese OBT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aion Chinese OBT   Aion Chinese OBT I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:40 am

Hmmm....don't think I experienced enough of it to really comment, to tell you the truth. Little things annoy me like the "cartoony feel" and the typical questing "go there, kill that, come back". Might have been different if I made an Asmodian, who knows. No quest dialog yet and there's also a wee bit of lag, but that's understandable. I didn't feel bored at all though, but not as immersed as I was when I first tried AoC. However, I played for 5h straight on only 2h of sleep in almost 2 days, until a server maintenance. When they say it's polished for a beta, it is. Storyline so far is not as captivating as I was expecting, but could be because I am tired and trying to level fast. The game runs smooth, real smooth; love the UI and support for macros. Visually-speaking, reminds me a bit of a redesigned RF Online but so far, nothing jumped out at me gameplay-wise. Keep in mind I have been playing this solo and not grouping at all; not in guild either, so that definitely impacts my first impression.

If there are specific things you want me to check out and comment on, let me know. I'll prolly be staying on and playing it 'til my eyes bleed. Wink

UPDATE 1:

Things get more interesting after the Ascension quest (when you get them purdy wings). That's when I start to feel the immersion. Love the combo system, but casting chaining skills seems a wee-bit choppy; i.e. you get a weird pause after casting a spell and it gets in the way of fluidly chaining spells (could be due to server lag). I am used to using the left-mouse to pan the camera without affecting the direction my toon is moving in, but this is done with the right-click in Aion, and I have not found a way to configure it. Servers seem down now. I can't get back on...back to drinking cabbage juice for the time being.

UPDATE 2:

OH MY GOD!!! I went to Verteron this morning and the view is breathtaking. I keep wetting myself and I can't stop it. I continue to find cool little "gems" in the interface. Nice little touches, like the various interactions between character and the environment. Love the map, especially the Locate feature. I'm buying this game. End of story.
Back to top Go down
degen

Number of posts : 159

Aion Chinese OBT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aion Chinese OBT   Aion Chinese OBT I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:58 pm

sounds cool so far... too bad i dont have a pc for it yet >.> although we still have a while
Back to top Go down
Oriax

Aion Chinese OBT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aion Chinese OBT   Aion Chinese OBT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:30 pm

Like I said, Verteron was when things started being more "immersive" for me. Here's a shot of the waterfront:

Aion Chinese OBT Aion-o10

This is with all settings on max. When your head goes below water, you get damage, but they didn't change the animation to a "swimming" animation for the character, like in AoC.

The UI skills bar can be made bigger or smaller. Think I have it at 80% or so in this shot. You also get "titles" that you can assign to your character and choose to have them showing or hidden. They are kinda like the titles in LOTRO, but except better, these titles actually give you some bonuses (like +physical defense, +mana, etc.) and you can change them on the fly. You get titles as a rewards by completing certain quests.
Back to top Go down
ImadeJesusBleed

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Aion Chinese OBT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aion Chinese OBT   Aion Chinese OBT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:25 am

You made a Denzel -esque toon. Im feelin it.
Back to top Go down
teligo

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Aion Chinese OBT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aion Chinese OBT   Aion Chinese OBT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:38 am

damn someone beat me to posting chinese obt with english lol
but yeah you can take Oriax's word for it, gameplay is smooth as silk, and boy does the scenery look good.

and yes the combo/chain skills delays are due to lag from chinese server, i did not have these issues while on korean servers.
and Oriax, wait til u get to next area and abyss, some pvp fun awaits Smile especially when u have more skills to mess around with at higher lvl.
Back to top Go down
Oriax

Aion Chinese OBT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aion Chinese OBT   Aion Chinese OBT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:01 am

ImadeJesusBleed wrote:
You made a Denzel -esque toon. Im feelin it.
lal...my toon is actually more gay-lookin' than this picture shows.

teligo wrote:
damn someone beat me to posting chinese obt with english lol
but yeah you can take Oriax's word for it, gameplay is smooth as silk, and boy does the scenery look good.

and yes the combo/chain skills delays are due to lag from chinese server, i did not have these issues while on korean servers.
and Oriax, wait til u get to next area and abyss, some pvp fun awaits Smile especially when u have more skills to mess around with at higher lvl.
Ok, questions for you teligo (if u played Elyos):

- Where da hell is the ancient lobnite fossil? I flew all the way over and around Verteron Citadel but no luck.
- Scouting the Krall base: where do you actually use the potion before scouting the base?
- Frickell eggs, which mob drops 'em?
- Where are the Kolob Dukakis that drop the amulets lal?

Them quests drove me bonkers!

EDIT: Nevermind, all characters deleted as per latest server maintenance. Only one day left to play, I'm gonna try an Asmodian out. Smile
Back to top Go down
teligo

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Aion Chinese OBT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aion Chinese OBT   Aion Chinese OBT I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 2:44 am

lol, ok i guess too late now xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aion Chinese OBT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aion Chinese OBT   Aion Chinese OBT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aion Chinese OBT
Page 1 of 1